care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

1.24.2011

Just wanna say thank you..

This thanks goes to God. He is my God, and He knows how the outdoors - and climbing specifically - ministers to me, as a way to be close to him and enjoy all the good things of His wondrous creation.

After a three year hiatus from climbing, due to severe tennis elbow, I called it all but quits. ... Aww cinnamon and gravy! (Ol' Prospector. Anyone?)

But after moving back to the Birmingham area, and after spending several days hiking around the boulder field (MOss Rock Preserve), the itch to at least try the rocks overpowered me.

I have bee climbing again for three weeks or so. Today included. There was one move (see below) that made me feel like I still have it in me, to be decent. May be not good, but at least decent. The move is not technical, its just fun and somehow emphasizes all the subtitles of body control involved in bouldering, more specifically than just climbing.

Grateful for breath and strength to climb again.
And that my elbows work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment