care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.22.2010

Hebrews - Ch5

Who is Jesus Christ?

He is...

...the Son of God (v5, Ps 2:7)
...the Begotten of God (v5, Ps 2:7)
...a Priest forever (v6, Ps 110:4)
...pious (v7)
...the Son (v8)
...perfect (v9)
...the source of salvation to all those who obey Him (v9)
...designated by God as the High Priest (v10)

So, some of this is now starting to get repetitious, no? But I am totally in agreement that we/I need repetition, because I know how often I forget in my mind and in my heart the truths of God's word, the truths of who Christ is, what He has done, and why He has done it. And if I forget these things, then I don't stand a chance against "Satan's banter" (courtesy Daniel Dixon). If I forget who my Jesus is, then I cannot destroy the speculations and lofty things raised against the knowledge of God ... then I cannot take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ (2 Cor 10:5).

So, repetition? Yes please!


No comments:

Post a Comment