care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

6.01.2010

Terremoto en Costa Rica...

There was an earthquake just last night about 9:30 pm (May 31, 2010).

The only reason I am even mentioning it, is because it is the first legitimate earthquake I have ever felt. I mean, it took hold of my full attention. It was off the west coast of CR, by about 46 miles S-SW of San Jose (capital of CR). It registered a 6.1 magnitude which is size enough worthy of noting.

To the right is a picture of response of people in CR who felt the earthquake. You can see the red star is the epicenter and the color after that the response of where it was felt.

The next picture is a graphic of what the tremors felt like further from the epicenter.









There has been no report of damage, that I know of and no reported loss of life, so praise the Lord, because then all it is, is an experience of His awe-inspiring power!

As His word declares, "One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: that you, O God, are strong." - Psalm 62:11 and "Surely My hand founded the earth, and MY right hand spread out the heavens; when I call them, they stand together." - Isaiah 48:13. I do indeed serve an awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment