care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

6.23.2010

Email Miracles...

So, I have been considering my future, seeking God for where He is calling and leading me. For a long while I have two open "doors," one to South Africa and the other to the Dominican Republic! I was supremely excited about both opportunities and filled with anticipation as I waited to see where the Lord would lead.

Within about a week of each other, both doors closed. One entirely (South Africa) and the other pretty much completely, but not (DR).

So ... what is my next step? ... Oh, I know, start sending emails! That is what I did. A week ago, I sent about 4 or 5 emails to different Christian mission agencies, which is always exciting and always repetitive.

I came across a group, The Mission Society, and as I read, and read, and read ... I liked it a lot. Tons. So much so, that I sent in an inquiry form, or whatever they called it. I thought, "It would be nice to hear back," but had no set expectations or hopes. After having submitted the form, I came across a link on their site to Agrimissions. As this link opened, I knew immediately that I was going to like them, based solely off of their slogan, First the bread, then the Bread of Life. Mostly every page on this little site ended up suggesting that you email one of two people. So I did. This all occurred on Monday (7/14).

By Tuesday morning I heard back from the contact from Agrimissions. By the end of the day, we had responded back and forth 2 more times. This in and of itself is amazing, and is as God shouting at me ... THIS IS AN OPEN DOOR!!! And indeed it is.

The end of the emails that day was basically that as I flew in to the ATL on the 27th, so would one of their teams be flying in from Nicaragua. They have a meeting on the 28th in Norcross in north ATL. He suggested I might meet with them.

Since this time, I have heard directly from The Mission Society, from another contact. He and the other had already been collaborating information about me, and both agreed that we should all try and meet in the 28th.

So, it looks like we are going to be having lunch on the 28th of June, in Atlanta, immediately upon my arrival back to the States after being gone 6 months. This is totally exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment