care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.02.2009

Things above other things

Sometimes learning things is hard. Sometimes it even sucks to learn these things ... well, most of the time.

I learned over the weekend, with it climaxing this morning as I sat with a friend from church who is discipling me. In conversation it came out that for about a week now ... and really, maybe even more like 3 weeks ... I have not been putting God above all else.

What are the things that get in the way?
- a young lady I have been somewhat interested in ... but the Lord has been good to resolve this, mostly
- the dream of moving to Costa Rica, which will happen ... just not before certain other things
- my thesis & research & subsequent graduation

None of these things are bad ... they are all just competing for the numero uno spot in my life, attentions, and energies. ... THAT IS BAD!

Obviously, putting my interest in a young lady before my pursuit of my heavenly Father - is wrong - which has become a very strong source of wisdom for how I am to continue, or not continue. Costa Rica - its not even guaranteed ... much less the most pressing issue at hand!

Lastly, although I am called to be a graduate student & need to be focused strongly upon this - my major task at hand - my thesis ... I am first and foremost called to belong to my Father ... which means making time - DAILY - to spend with Him ... there are no replacements!

No comments:

Post a Comment