care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.04.2009

heart affections, heart defects

I only wish I knew how to describe how badly I need those words written on my eye-lids ...
"DON'T FORGET .... "
The ending could be filled with so many things.
Most of all I find daily, more and more, whether totally aware of it or not, that I need to be reminded to not forget who I belong to ... and, yes I do mean that I need to be more mindful that I belong to God in heaven ... but with much more intensity! ... Like ...
Well, with a raging sense of conviction, I need to be mindful that I am God's - His slave - fettered eternally to the Great I Am in the one and only radiant Christ ... but oh how I forget!!! Its painful.
And the result - always for me, when I forget - is sin. Typically its in the form of pride, ambition, and ego ... growing unchecked in this selfish heart of mine. And the result of pride welling up .... is an even greater fall to greater sin ... and its this case nearly daily!
Oh for sanctification, for holiness to be mine, in Jesus Christ; for my affections, loves, desires, goals, ambitions & all I am to be filled and overflowing by the all consuming Fire that Jesus Christ is!
"Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel" - 2 Tim 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment