care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.11.2009

Remembering the Fallen

Today is a day for somber remembrance, as 8 years ago, Jihadist terrorist landed the first attack on American soil of my life ... and I pray the last.

I have listened and watched several memorial ceremonies or speakings and I must say, I am still blown away at just how atrocious those attacks were and are. Still my heart goes out to the families that live daily with the reality that the most evil of all men took the lives of their loved ones. I pray for them. I cannot imagine the hurt that accompanies the loss of a loved one to a terrorist attack.

I do pray for the Lord to have His revenge ... and in the meantime, I ask for Him to give me the heart of Christ, enough to love those evil men, so that I can pray for them. Do I actually you ask, No. Not often, hardly ever.

To the men and women of our military, the NYPD and NYFD ... I offer my gratitude for living out what it truly means to count yourself less important than others ... as so many ran into those collapsing buildings.

And lastly, I praise Jesus that He has given us the home land, the USA, a nation strong enough, resilient enough, and free enough to come back from such a great crime.

To the fallen and those who will ... my deepest gratitiude.

No comments:

Post a Comment