care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.14.2009

Communication

I have learned again recently - twice even, that I really must learn how to better communicate with people around me. Its amazing to me, that I am still in need of learning again and again, that I need to better learn how to communicate ... cause I feel as though I am always having this need for better communication reinforced, repeatedly.

In all relationships - professional, friendship, and spiritual. If honest and transparent lines of communication are not kept open ... there can be no end in sight, except for that of conflict and harm!

Spiritually, between God and I - my own disinterest, coldness, and diverted affections grows a bitter seed, leading one to turning away - this can often happen unintentionally, which seems to be more dangerous than maybe first assumed, because by the time noticed, ones' heart may have grown so cold, that the coldness is not even disrupted by the great degree of that coldness ... make sense? Well, it does in my mind!

With friends, and personal relationships with family ... this can happen. Often when there is a lack of communication between friends, it is a result of selfishness, desire for no confrontation, and avoidance ... or passivity. This breeds distrust and anxious blame. Eventually this comes to a head, but oh the pain and problems avoidable if we would just learn to be mature and discuss our differences, and to confront people ... ! I am bad at this ... but learning ... still.

Professionally, its about the same ... and even if it begins strictly professional ... i cant help but think that it will ultimately be transfered over to impact ones' personal view of the other professional ...

IT TIME TO TALK!!! COM'ON LET'S TALK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment