care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.16.2009

Reorientation after previous attempts of reorienting oneself to pursue the reorientation of your soul ... what?

Exactly!

 I have no idea how, but somehow, I am still finding myself in need of spiritual reorientation ... that is, to be redirected to pursuing Jesus, recognizing that He is the One my life is for ... and that He doesn't promise ease or comfort (not that I am necessarily pursuing those things) ... but I need to be reminded of this, and my heart is in desperate need of be reoriented in that direction ... First Peter tells me,

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! according to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Notice the words - various trails and these grieve the child of God ... now, I am not saying I am facing trails and persecutions like the audience First Peter was intended for ... but I am saying, that this MS of mine is certainly more of a trail now than nearly anything I have pursued.

In light of this, daily I am battling to have my mind, and more importantly my heart continually directed toward the Lord ... knowing that there is not only an eternal reward for the saints who persevere (James 1), but there is a joy to behold b/c of this MS shortly after I graduate ... namely moving from academia student/researchers ... to mission field/life student and liver (not like the organ, like the person doing the living, the liver, of course) ...

So all of that is why I say, I must have my heart reoriented toward God - that my life is His, every day, every moment, and what I consider every sucky moment.

Oh to be reoriented yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment