care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.19.2009

What a sad day ... and a sad soul.

Today, walking around with a lab I am serving as a GTA for, I noticed a car with a bumper sticker stating:



This is a really really bold statement. My first reaction was of angry indignation, then only to realize, the person upon who's car this was ... he is simply declaring 2 Timothy 2:26 for himself, it states that the lost are enslaved, and held captive to Satan ... to do his will!!! 2 Cor. 4:4 sums this up very well, "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." Mind you, the "god of this world" is none but Satan.

Then as I stood thinking about the depth of this statement, and what this person's eternity will be like ... it just made me sad. Sad. That's it, nothing more. I don't know who this person is, so it would, seemingly, be impossible for me to ever have the chance to speak with him ... so the feeling of a call to action doesn't even really exist ... but just sadness is my heart. Of course I can pray, and I will. But how sad a state of heart and of life for the person ... I tremble to think of how rude an awakening they will face as they pass from earthly life to eternity ... to be cast out of the presence of God and into the lake of fire, into hell for all eternity.

Truly, this is sad. Oh for people to know the great news of the gospel ... the offensive proclamation of Jesus crucified, dead, and risen, even reigning now and for all eternity, interceding on behalf of sinners whom he has called by name, to become the children of God.

Is it truly so offensive?!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, very sad. That's why i keep throwing words out there about JESUS' Good News, knowing that His Word is indeed alive and active and powerful and that the Holy SPIRIT of GOD will use my witness His way...my part is just to provide witness and be a witness by how i live my life.

    When i think of some of my family and friends, yet unsaved, and i think of the secure joy of being In CHRIST...how can i have ALL these indescribable blessings and not share them...and yet their hearts remain closed off to JESUS?

    i believe GOD will answer my prayers for their salvation...the challenge for me is waiting for GOD's timing.

    ReplyDelete