care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

6.04.2009

thorn in the flesh ... again

Yesterday I wrote about - or rather asked about the thorn in Paul's flesh. Not what it is, but how did he - and subsequently you and I - how are we to be glad in our weaknesses so that the power of Christ Jesus may rest upon us? This to the glory of God the Father.

I mentioned all my "conditions" as some people like to call them saying, "God has placed along the span of my 23 years of life, a fair degree of hardship most people don't ever have to deal with ... even now if I am healthy (and I am) ... all the issues are still there, and it is something I can share and boast about to the glory of the Father ... but this still doesn't seem quite like the same thing as being weak and having the power of Christ resting upon you. Or is it?"

I now sit back and reflect about last night. In some short conversation with Zeke, my roommate, the question(s) I posed came up. Then I said something without even thinking ... and it was the ANSWER to my question, "Or is it?".

Is having CF, diabetes, and having had a double lung transplant a of weakness in my life, allowed by the hand of God, so that in these multiple weaknesses I can experience the power of Christ upon me, to the glory of the Father?

YES, IT IS!!! I shall then "boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses , so that the power of Christ may dwell upon me!!!"

Now I need to learn, and learning comes by hearing the Word of God, by meditating and listening to the Holy Spirit. I need to learn again how to use my health issues for the glory of God, to boast in them.

I need to grow so that I too can say with Paul, "For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Oh to never be content in comfort and ease!

No comments:

Post a Comment