care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

1.05.2009

h o p e

hope.

oh what a blessing ... to be able to hope in something concrete and real, firm and eternal, pure and just!

my hope is in Jesus, my Savior. He is doing a new work in my heart, a work in my being that I need desperately, because I am so full of sin, so wretched and bastardly toward the Lord ... but in the sweet and most delightful name of Jesus the Christ, the risen and reigning Son of the Most High God, I have a hope that cannot be shaken or taken from me ... ever. I am saved in Christ Jesus, and He has made me is, that I may lay hold of that for which He has laid hold of me ... ie - HIS GLORY!

today I was so encouraged to know that people, I consider mentors of the faith to me, struggle as i do ... thats not to say I am rejoicing in others' struggles ... but that the Lord would grant it for both my friend and I to confess to one another very current issues in our lives, that are affecting us in numerous ways ... and the hope that brothers' struggling together can both hide under the shelter of the cross and approach boldly, yet humbly the throne, and know we will be welcomed in ... b/c the certificate of death against me, has been nailed to the cross ... and that certificate was the perfectly holy Jesus ... now resurrected and reigning!

I love Jesus, and He is my only hope and my rock ... 

2 comments:

  1. i have the same thoughts often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. they are very good thoughts ... i want to be continually filled with gospel thoughts ... day in and day out, moment by moment!

    ReplyDelete