care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

1.06.2009

joys of discipline ...

i dont make new years resolutions ... but i do look back at recently ended years and rejoice over what the Lord has done and then aim to look forward to what He will do this next year ... Phil 3:14!

and I seek to see what needs improvement in my life ... and I have come to a very strict and firm conclusion that discipline is a highly lacking area in my life. now, i know, this is very shocking and earth shattering ... a child of God needing to practice discipline better! oh my gosh! crazy ... I know, I know.

but, hopefully as the next days, weeks, and even months pass I will have many new thoughts about discipline and how through seeking the Lord for more discipline in all walks of my life, I will develop new insights which i can share ... I am very excited about this, cause I have a very strong conviction that this is what the Lord wants me to strive after ... discipline in all areas of life!

so, more to come, I promise ... 

and in the mean time, the prominent areas are spiritual disciplines in seeking the Lord through the various means of grace He has graciously given to us, physical disciplines to be in better shape through consistent and well round exercise and earlier bed time for earlier rise and shine times, work/school disciplines, which is basically not procrastinating.

so with that, I jump in head first, trusting the Lord for this work which He is beginning!

5 comments:

  1. great post. i should probably do the same thing. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well ... this is not gonna be easy ... and i am prepared for a battle ... b/c last semester was roug piritually in many way ... so i a gonna have to fight and thre is hurt to resolve b/w the Lord and I ... but thats wy the gospel is such amazingly good news!s85

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for all that crappy spelling ... i had a flimsy keyboard attached to my laptop ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a struggle for a second to try and understand the meaning of 'roug piritually.' well i hope you do what you know you should from day to day. it will be hard. but the Lord is going to be right beside you and He will help you in tremendous ways and give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ... yes he will, and i am already - as if its a surprise - exoeriencing that! praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete