care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

10.22.2008

tears

if I had to label myself having any one spiritual gift, it would be mercy & compassion. sure, maybe I don't always come across this way due to my sarcastic nature, but I am actually a softy at heart.

I am moved by people in need, the homeless sleeping in a box, the poor with no hope, thirsty people, hungry people, hurting people, hopeless people. I think everyone is moved by people like this, but much like what I described in my last post ... the deep stirred emotions and heartache that the trials in my family have birthed within my soul ... hurting people (as a general category) make me feel and my heart long and ache in a similar fashion. I guess its best described as the spiritual gift of mercy. I hate unjust hurting, or unmerited difficulties ... but that is life! yet, its also a call for action, motivation, & actually doing something about all the hurting men and women and children, and most importantly souls around me. I also think this is a manifestation of Christ's love in the heart of men who belong to him, at least for those whose gift is mercy or compassion. I think Christ's love is the only source of love for a person I don't know.

these thoughts and feelings have been triggered by two sources, recently ... two music videos from vh1. thanks vh1! the song what about now and the song watch over you, the former by Daughtry (sp?) and the latter be Alterbridge, I believe. they spur deeply wrought feelings in my being! the former song, is about humanitarian efforts around the globe or environmentally friendly efforts in different spheres of life and talking about being one person who seeks to change his world ... I take this to mean the world that person is in contact with on a daily basis, b/c there are hurting people all around us. the second song is basically about what happens to a druggie when his support is gone. but all throughout the video are crying hurting addicts who are in rehab and facing the reality of their helpless state. the faces and the tears move me to want to help. to bring the hope of the gospel to all the empty lives of Hollywood and the surrounding similar roles of life (ie - music, rich young hotshots, etc.... all the spotlight people).

i am grateful for the feelings these videos have ignited. its refreshing and encouraging to think of others for a change. its motivating to know I can, by Christ in me, be a source of comfort, love, and change. Christ is the healer, he heals the down trodden, and he uses his children to care and heal these hurting souls.

I want to be the hands and feet of change!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Adam... I'm glad you have your sarcasm..without it... you might be boring :) JK. Glad I found your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete