care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

10.27.2008

appalachia

some things in life just need to be taken in ... actually a lot of things in life just need simply be enjoyed and looked upon with deep, soul moving admiration! one of those things in life is the Appalachian Trail (AT).

its amazing.
first just consider that is more than 2,100 miles long!
second consider the amount of wildlife and plant life the whole trail encompasses.

thirdly, to just sit down on a cliff overlooking the seemingly forever ongoing north georgia mountains running away in the distance ... on and on.

i love the mountains! I cant get enough of them. I wish the woods were my home! the woods make my soul come alive. its the inherent man in me being awakened by the bone chilling breeze, by the thigh busting climbs, by the sway and rustle of trees, by the smell of a campfire, by the quiet solitude, by the thoughts and wanderings of a hiking soul!



3 comments:

  1. SAME!!! everything you said. mountains in general always seem to leave me breathless. one of the things i want to do before i die is travel the AT. ive already got the sticker on my car in case it ever happens.

    i always wish i were an indian.

    good post. i most definitely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, the AT is beautiful, especially this time of the year ...

    as for my comment earlier aobut your 'pro chiken...' post, i laughed. and i really do like wings!

    could it be a guy oriented food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. most definitely.

    dont get me wrong, i dont mind getting dirty or messy, but just to get so little in return (aka not a lot of meat).

    ReplyDelete