care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

3.06.2014

Spiritual Forces

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. (Eph 6:12)

A couple of nights ago I went to bed feeling a bit down. I went to bed praying

But I awoke at some dark hour of the morning, not near time to arise for the day. I awoke glanced to my right, then back over my left shoulder. If I could adequately describe what I saw, you might understand my terror. However, I am not sure what I saw, so I will describe me innate reaction. My whole being was jolted with fear. Not fear as in I was a little startled, but fear as in my heart rate accelerated instantly. What I think I saw was some dark figure, as tall as the ceiling, bending or leaning over me, but far enough away to not have laid a hand on me.

All I could do was utter out loud, "Jesus help me!" or "Jesus save me!" That was the only thing I could get out of my mouth! And instantly whatever was there, was immediately gone and did not come back. Praise Jesus and what power there is in His name! In the one who upholds the whole of the created order, his name is powerful!

This is what I think ... Considering Paul's wise input and warning from Eph 6:12, I think I witnessed where this material world collides with eternal spiritual world! Everything about my "experience" fits with this verse. It was darkness in my room, leaning over me, darkness as in oppression. What I saw was terrifying ... I can imagine it was strong as in powerful, a cosmic power; but not the one true all-powerful Jesus!

I can further imagine that perhaps it was near me, but not attacking me because as my life verse states, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." (Ps 91:11). Perhaps there were in some way angels surrounding me, like a barricade to this spiritual force. I don't know! But whatever was going on, I am fully convinced that Jesus delivered me from something that night, big or small He is my Deliverer! Further, at Jesus' name this thing went away. And in Jesus' name I asked him to protect our house, each room, our minds too! 

If I learned anything it is this .... There is a spiritual reality beyond the mundane we live each day, and we need - as Christians - to acknowledge that and seek to live armored with God's armor (Eph 6:10-18). He provides us what we need to face our enemies and the legions upon legions that want to destroy us for eternity! Not only that, He supplies what we need to seek to win over those who are currently leading lives unto eternal destruction.

I'll end with this ...

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. (Revelation 19:11-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment