care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

12.17.2010

Odd isn't it?

Isn't it odd that when I feel most useless for the Lord He finds opportunities, stages to use me - a redeemed vessel of wrath - for His purposes, for His renown, fame and glory? I think it is odd!

Yet, even as I write this I find over the past few opportunities for sharing/speaking I have never deemed myself in a "good place" spiritually. The last two years - years in which God has placed numerous sharing engagements along my path - during those 2 years, I have not felt "good" spiritually. But He did not promise that I would feel good. But, I long to feel good. Maybe someday, maybe soon.

Then perhaps I should not be surprised at my lack of feeling "good" ... whatever that means (thus the quotes), and God giving opportunity for me to share Him. It drives me to my knees, to His Word - the Promise, to my Savior.

I can only fall back into those great big arms of grace and say, "Here I am, [use] me!"

............

But He is a God of oddities, read 1 Corinthians 1! Thanks the Lord for the promises of 2 Corinthians 12!

Lastly, I leave with this...

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us!

IN this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Happy Advent.
Emmanuel is come!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Meditating on God's truths may lead us to emotional responses but emotions should never dictate our truth! Enjoying watching you grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thanks for always being an encourager. The opportunity I was speaking of was a brilliant feat of God, yet again, to no one's surprise!!! He showed Himself powerful and glorious. As to how a vessel as I can be used, I am still dumbfounded.

    ReplyDelete