care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.13.2010

Hebrews - Ch1

I have been reading Hebrews for a little while now, and after my reading today I feel compelled to share. I would suggest that the theme of this book is the Supremacy of Jesus Christ. If you are at all familiar with Hebrews, I think you'll agreed. I am sure there are other themes, but I think this is the overarching theme that makes this book what it is!

So, I have begun reading the book over asking, "Who is Jesus Christ?" Its not overly challenging to see how magnificent of an answer this book is going to produce, but it is really exciting and awe-inspiring. So, over the next several days or weeks, I am going to post chapter by chapter what the text gives as an answer.

Today is Ch. 1. So...

Who is Jesus Christ?

He is...

...God's Word (v2)
...Heir of all things (v2)
...Creator (v2)
...the radiance of God and exact representation of God's nature (v3)
...Power (v3)
...much better than the angels (v4)
...God's begotten Son (v5)
...worshiped by the angels (v6)
...the Firstborn (v6)
...the One who sits on the throne (v8)
...God (v8)
...the King (v8)
...the Anointed of God (v9)
...above all His companions (v9)
...Lord (v10)
...the One who laid the foundations of earth and formed the heavens (v10)
...everlasting (v11, 12)
...the same and unchanging (v12)
...over all His enemies (v13)

This is out Savior, the One and Only, Jesus Christ! Praise be to His holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment