care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

1.09.2010

AM

Call me naive, or whatever you may want ... but on the verge of spending 5 months overseas for mission work - ie: ideally, serving the Lord - one might be led to think that I was near or already riding high on some spiritual high ... 


That would be the wrong assumption. I am not. 


And if it not too presumptuous, I would submit that the Enemy is attempting to capitalize on this "opportunity."


How? Well, lets just say I woke up at 4:48 am this morning with several things running through my head.


- A prayer for diligent pursuit of Christ over the next several days
- A prayer for a close & brotherly friend in CR
- A prayer for my future wife, whoever she may be.


Initially these were just thoughts. But as God is good, gracious and merciful ... they became prayers, not worries or simply thoughts. But rather they became a cry to the Almighty!!! (A fancy way to say prayers.)


More so however, as I lay praying, with the thought that at nearly 5 am, I would quickly drift away to sleep again. WRONG. I couldn't. No more sleep was to be had this morning, and I am surprisingly well rested and ok without going back to sleep.


It turns out, that this is possibly not the Enemy at all, but a merciful nudge by God for me to wake up (spiritually, and as well physically) to have the most quietest of times with Him at this the crack of dawn. And I mean it was quiet, there is not a lot of noise at 5 am. Its been wonderful and quite refreshing. An answer to one of the prayers on my heart upon waking.


Colossians 1 came to mind. 
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. (1:13-18)
I encourage you to explore the depths of this passage. It is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment