care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

5.28.2009

simple

Can it really be as simple as it was today ... No, I don't mean life. It was all but easy today. What I am asking about is prayer, specifically answered prayers!!!

At 12pm I was reminded that I was "in-charge" of managing the sales at Ag Heritage Park farmer's market, from 2:30 - 6pm. In doing so, I needed the department's F250, to load it up and be at the park no later than 2:30. I started at 1:30 - just to be sure to give myself plenty of time, cause I have learned by now nothing is easy, especially if its a first. Once I had the truck, I had been told by one of the guys I work with to back down a narrow stretch of grass between 2 greenhouses to load up the bed. I would estimate about 2-2.5 feet on either side of the truck in the alley - as it were.

What I was unaware of was the up-hill greenhouse drains all the water used into this little stretch. I learned this after nearly getting stuck in deep, sticky mud twice ... but only on my third time did I actually get stuck!!! I got this massive F250 pickup stuck in mud no more than a foot (maybe less) away from the greenhouse on the down-hill side, the really soggy and muddy side.

Ends up that the greenhouse superintendent had to get a division of AU's Facility Divisions to get someone with real know-how to look at and assess the situation.

As I waited their arrival, the distant sky grew dark and threatening. Immediately I thought, "No not rain! No more water ... it will only make things worse!!!" And then my second thought was, "Lord, please hold off the rain 'til this truck is outta here!"

When the Research Opp's guys arrived - the guys to assess the situation - they informed those of us standing around that it would take a "small" piece of equipment to get the truck out.

As they pulled back again with tractor and chain to pull the truck out, I became ill and
anxious as I thought there to be no way to get that truck out without it hitting/smashing the greenhouse wall down. Then as before by God's grace I prayed, and very quickly, but very deliberately that the Lord NOT let the front end swing into the greenhouse as they towed it out.

Yet, the Lord is gracious. The truck slid straight out. It did not move toward the wall of the greenhouse, nor away ... just slid straight out and cleared everything.

And yes, the rain held off, and that is very good, cause just as we got things settled down again, the bottom dropped out for about 10 minutes and I am not sure what it would have done to the truck situation, but it couldn't have made it better.

So I ask, can it really be this simple? Yes it can be. Christ tells us to have faith like a child ... and let me tell you, I felt like a child watching helplessly as my tires spun and yet not moving, as I had to get the superintendent out there and all the rest, and I prayed hard and undoubtedly like a child as well, and the Lord honored those prayers and protected that situation with grace and showed me grace and new mercy, just as promised.

He is soo good and for that, I am thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment