care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

5.04.2009

Freely given, unmerited favor and love of God (Part 1)

I have been learning a lot about GRACE in recent weeks.

Previously, I falsely believed I knew and understood grace pretty well. Then the shroud of ego collapsed, revealing the truth of the matter at hand ... namely that I will not in this age, & maybe ever understand the infinitely massive mountain that is God's grace toward sinners, like me.


The new insight into the greatness of God in his grace toward me has been ignited by a sermon series from my pastor, Brother Al. The series is called, "Rediscove
ring Grace," and yesterday was the 3rd sermon and amazing! I don't know if it was the culmination of the series, but I could have sat there listening forever! Furthermore, I am also in the beginning of a study about repentance, which is matched amazingly well to the teachings of grace I have been under recently, so paired that there is day-to-day overlap between the two.

I
t began with seeing who I really am. Who am I? I am just as my title says, a bastard child of God, having turned away, guilty of being a lying, thieving, idolatrous & lustful adulterer in God's sight (1 Cor 6:9-11). And those as such, will not inherit God's kingdom! That means they (I) will inherit eternal damnation! YET, "such were some of you" ... do you see the 'WERE' ... I was that!!!

This means that something must have happen ... because I was that, but apparently am no longer that dirty and defiled lying, thieving, idolatrous & lustful adulterer!!!
Yes, I am no longer that in Christ ...

I am washed, sanctified and justified!!! I am washed in the blood of Christ! I am justified, declared innocent by the Father! And in the power of the Holy Spirit I am being sanctified!!!

Could this mean I was freely given the absolute unmerited favor & love of God??? I think so ... that's
GRACE! It is only by God's great, amazing, and unfaltering grace that I am washed in Jesus' blood, and thus justified and sanctified!!! Grace is the only means to salvation in the Name, & the only Name - JESUS CHRIST, and salvation is being washed in Christ, and the subsequent justification at the moment of first believing and the on going sanctification that follows!!!

Oh praise to the Lord, in the radiance & image of Jesus Christ!!!

I would like to have several more post on this topic ... so check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment