care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

2.22.2009

guns ...

Hooray for guns ... guns are amazing. and within the last year, I have quickly lost my gun virginity ... having never grown up hunting or what not (besides hunting birds with BB guns), I have had no reason to be familiar with guns at all ...that is until some of my buddies and I started shooting every so often ... like target practice.

the first thing I shot was a .22 hand gun ...  very small. its your typical street crime handgun.

the second was a 9 mm handgun ... it has a little kick, and is both intimidating and fun ... control with a handgun is a skill for sure

next I shot an old school .45 handgun, a revolver ... that was just awesome ... but not as powerful as you might think ....

then i went on to shoot a .22 rifle ... this is like a bb gun on roids .... and without the anger. ... its simply really fun, and I recently purchased one of these .... its a semiauto with a 10 round clip ...

this was followed by an ar-15 ... a civilian issue swat gun, it was a semiauto with a 30 round clip, unloadable in less than 5 seconds ... extremely intense!

then I shot a 270 rifle ... a massively powerful rifle ... my first time was off the hood of my car at some targets, the second time at a deer ... which I killed (back in Dec) ... and then again a few weeks after the semester began, for target practice ....

then today, i finally got to shoot my gun, and a buddy of mine had a 45 handgun ... not a revolver, but a really nice, 7+1 clipped, relatively new handgun .... I didnt have time to shoot it, b/c I ran off to study (what i should be doing now) .... but he shot it once before I had my ear plugs in ... and the noise was so loud and powerful, i about fell over dizzy .... it was a sight to behold ....!

No comments:

Post a Comment