care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

1.31.2009

brothers ...

its hard for me to imagine a friend as good as a brother, either a blood brother or a spiritual brother. and its amazing b/c in conversation with these brothers, i can sense God's love ... and that spurs me on to worship him, for his love through the best of friends i have.

see, i just had a conversation with one of my best friends who is living in Fort Worth TX, this year and next ... but I also roomed with him for two years during our undergraduate years ... and we are simply best friends. he called me today out of the blue and we had a great chance to catch up.

then as it ended he said he enjoyed our hour and a half long conversation ... 1 & 1/2 Hours ... i don't do that ... at least purposefully ... cause i am sure you know my hatred of phones ... !

but, at the end of it, i also relieved that God pours out his great and wondrous love upon his children through the love expressed between his children, the church! i think people often say, 'I wish I could feel God's loves' ... well, I can and do frequently ... and one such experience was today in this conversation with my best friend ... and the amount of laughter and good discussion between us in which the love of the Lord is made evident to me, urges me, with all that I am to go a worship Him ... and that's where I am going now ... goodbye 

For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother - phm 1:7

1 comment: