care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.10.2008

When Good Dreams Haunt ...

When good dreams haunt, its quite possibly one of the biggest let downs a person can experience so early in a day. Like today, I had a great dream, a very literal and believable dream and I woke up happy and pleasant, despite being sort of sick and coughing all night ... point is, when I should have woken up groggy and tried from coughing more than I slept, due to a pleasant dream I took as an actual experience, I awoke in a bright eye and bushy tail kind of way.

Or at least that was the case until I realized that the dream was in no way related to actuality and it was simply in my head. I then slumped off into a groggy 'I just woke up from a very interrupted night's sleep or attempt there at' state. The death of the joy and pleasure of a good dream that was mistaken for a brief moment as real, gave way to a degree of pain and much disappointment.

This is one way god dreams haunt. How sad it is that this is true. I wish good dreams would only be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment