care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

8.19.2008

Weirdo!

Poetry.

Whats up with poetry?

I have always thought, at any point I ever considered anythings about poetry, had that thought about poetry, Whats up with poetry?

I don't think that way as of this summer. There was a moment, very distinct in time that this happened. This change took place namely because I wrote a poem on my own free will, for the first time in my entire life!

Never would I have considered writing a poem. I just wouldn't have. I respect people who can do it, and do it good. But, it never would have crossed my mind to even attempt to. Yet, something happened in July and it all clicked. I had to get a burden off my soul and talking about it didn't work, praying about it worked in a different way than I was looking for (in a good way), and so .... Well, I was about to burst because I had to get these thoughts out and down on something concrete, and I started writing, and it came out as poem. By the end of it, over a series of days, I had perfected it (in my own opinion) and I impressed myself.

Over the next several weeks I showed this to a select few of my friends, and they approved. In fact, they approved and complimented it more than I imagined they would. I was of course glad to hear that, cause I worked hard on it. It was also humbly, cause I worked hard on it. So, something about the way it makes me feel when I read it, kept me thinking about poems and poetry.

I apologize poetry and I hope we can grow as friends, cause you release something deep in my soul, at times, that nothing else can.

I have written some since this first one, some which I am proud of, some which are more like incomplete, choppy thoughts than flowing, rhythmic poetry. Yet, I remain intrigued with my sudden new taste for this form of writing.

I was told the other night that I might have a blooming talent ... I don't know if I agree, but I do know that I have a blooming affinity toward poems and attempting to write them.

I still think its kind of weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment