care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

7.27.2008

Yeah ... Whatever!

I want to know whatever happen to "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!"? I raise this question because I have very recently been contacted by a long lost friend from nearly 12 years ago and some things have happened in that persons life, that led to a child out of wedlock, and in the email ... there was this little line, easy to miss ... that just said, "I know ... you are shocked, that too is complicated." It would have been an easy line to simply read over, but I feel there is more emotion and feeling behind a sentence like that, than a reader can pick up ... If I wrote a sentence like that, I assume I would be holding onto some level of, "I wonder what he/she will think of me when I tell them this". You know what I mean?

I guess my point is that I really long for the time, when we don't have to assume that we are going to be judged - especially by other children of God - for slip ups, mistakes, wrongs, or whatever. I mean, how awesome would it be if this reality were now ... if we didn't walk around in robes made of the fine linens of "I have it all together-ness"?

What if we walked around being to confess all our sins to each other, only to have the other embrace us and tell us, that in Christ we are forgiven ad He has forgotten it and so can we?

Or what if we walked around only to see bill-boards up with all our sins ever committed scrolling on them? How crazy would that be? We would then soon be accepting each other for who they are, no matter what they had done, because we would be there in the ditches with them. We would all be openly covered in our own crap! And that would do us all a lot of good ... and then, maybe then, we could get over ourselves and say, "Oh yeah? ... Whatever, there's no condemnation! Rejoice, your forgiven!"

What if?

No comments:

Post a Comment