care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

2.15.2011

G is for Goodness

Have you ever found yourself in a season of life when you were just staggering backward trying to comprehend God's goodness? When you gazed upon your life, & in awe, fell upon your face to cry out to God in gratitude flowing from the deepest parts of your soul? When words like whoa, wow, overflowing, over-running,  thankful (-ness), grateful were the words that most filled your vocabulary? The first two of those in response to God's work in your life, the second two describing your heart, affections, & the cup of life given you, & the last two being themes of your prayers & conversations.

This is where I am, right now. Needless to say, its a wondrous season to be found in, & I am so amazed & blown away by God, how exceedingly gracious & good He is, especially in light of me not even remotely coming close to deserving anything except hell & death!!! The Bible is very clear, "Every good gift & every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change" (James 1:17), which is to say - ANY & ALL good experienced in this life is the overflow of the work of Christ in redeeming men to God! God is good. And in a reconciled relationship with Him, through Christ, men experience the just & holy Creator of all in an intimate way!

Needless to say, the epitome of all interaction with God in relationship with Him begins & ends at the cross. If the cross is not there, then we have no redemption. But, if the cross is central - & IT IS - then we experience the heavenly blessings of God here & now, for the Kingdom is now (& not yet)!

My life recently has been a reflection of these blessing in very vivid ways, for which, my heart if overflowing with gratitude & thanksgiving to God.

- A job, where not only is there mutual encouragement & challenge among brothers & sisters in Christ, there is so much opportunity to be sharing with those outside the covenant, to speak words of grace & love to them, to introduce them to my Savior & Lord.

- A calling in life that is so far beyond me, that when it is fulfilled, all will look on & say,  "Only by God!" And right now, I am in the midst of witnessing the formation of the actual application of this calling. Its a process & not all at once, but it beginning!

- Opportunities literally falling into my lap for overseas work - albeit short-term for now - I am more than grateful for it. Once I understood the Lord was calling me to settle in the Ham for a while, I assumed that meant no travel. WRONG!!! And what a great way to be wrong! He knows my desires for overseas experiences, & He is giving them to me in His perfect & good timing!

- This is the biggest & best of all thats happening right now. Her name is Meredith!!! I don't know that I need to say anything else, but I will. Its companionship. The Lord crossed our paths a little while ago, & from day one it seems as God has simply been knitting our lives together, & I can speak for both of us, we are supremely grateful to God for His goodness in our lives, for the richness each has brought into the other's life.

God knows what we need, when we need it. He is Goodness. O God, be magnified in the grateful heart you have placed in me, & may my lips be quick to share the wonder of who you are with all I see!!! Indeed your love is everlasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment