care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

12.25.2010

Breath. Run. Snow.

Today is a special day for me in many ways. Need I even mention why? Good. Cause I will anyway.

Today is a day that I love.
1 - Jesus was born, setting in motion the final phase of God's great predetermined planned for sinners to be reconciled to HImself for His ultimate glory, via Jesus' lifeblood being spilt out for sinners upon a cross of wood. I imagine, if the hay He was laid upon was in a cradle of sorts, that the cradle was wooden as well. From wood to wood. From birth to death to life, never to face death again.

2- My entire immediate family is here. Dad & Mom, Bub (Ben) & Brooke, & Mark. We laugh, we worship, we rejoice, we sing, we dance, we love, we eat, we run, we play, we are. We are the Sleepers and we are a very wonderful family. Praise the Lord for our family life.

3 - I am alive, although had I "died" 7 years ago, I would truly be alive having died to be faced to face with the Lord forever (which as Paul says is best), but to remain is good as well, for I am here for God's glory. Bt, seven years ago ... right about now I was adjusting to life with new lungs, about two hours fresh. I can't say enough to the Lord for how thankful I am to be alive, to experience life with friends, family, and to go abroad to meet Christ among the nations with my brothers and sisters and those who are not yet among the fold. Further, I wish I could say enough as well to my donor family. I do not know  who they are or where they are, but I love them with all that is within me, next to Christ. They are a family I belong to but that I know not, at least right now.

Lastly, to celebrate seven years, I was able to go and run with my family briefly today, a white Christmas! God is so good, so thoughtful of His creatures of dust.

7 year 2x lung-transplant snow day run. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment