care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

10.05.2010

Woes from an immune-supressed music lover.

Poison ivy woe. I find myself scratching, and thus spreading, poison ivy on my arm, both legs and other places. Not fun. Not having an immune system does not help, because I have no way to fight it off ... outside of scrubbing my skin raw with a bleach solution. Not fun. So, if by chance you see me around and I am randomly scratching, is because I am slowly being consumed by it.

Music ability woe. I love music. It moves me, uplifts me, makes me think, it encourages me and helps me to express a lot of what goes on inside of me which, without music, would not be expressed. In my car, normally by myself, I sing at the top of my lungs. I am finding more and more that I am humming a lot! All this to say, I love music. But, I cannot play it hardly at all! I try and try and it does not come to me. I know, practice makes perfect ... well, for me, practice drives me to insanity and frustration! Oh, how my fingers cannot remember the frets! Goodness, if only.

I am not attempting to complain. These are just facts. Maybe you can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment