care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.07.2010

News I Heard and Hate

Pastor To Proceed With Koran Burning

Terry Jones 
I had the unfortunate opportunity of hearing about the aforementioned story on the radio today.

I do not want to say much, but felt compelled to at least say something.

Mr. Jones, I am calling you out. You are not displaying the love of Christ to anyone. Not to your so-called congregation, not to any Christians in the world, not to those we are called to love. To no one.

Two passages stand out.

Matthew 5:44, "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." and John 13:35,  "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love another." Mr. Jones, you are loving no one, and you are smearing the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the very One who came to die for those you hate.

Shame on you, and may God be merciful to you.



1 comment: