care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

9.02.2010

Fellowship

True fellowship is something that cannot be forced or faked. Guarantee it!

I had fellowship, a good, life-giving kind of fellowship when I lived in Auburn. I had good, encouraging, & a different form of fellowship while in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. It was international fellowship, and it rocked!

Now back in the States, I've had a difficult time finding my place of fellowship again. I have not lived in the Ham for six years and so I don't know people, in general. However, there have been little pockets of true fellowship that have been like water to my parched soul. I am confident that even the most steady, unwavering of Christians will be "dry" and on the verge of faltering if without fellowship. I know I have been and am.

The past several weeks I have been traveling and have had several bouts of good fellowship and I am so grateful for it, God is so good! I have been in Atlanta this week at The Mission Society, and it has been so good! God is great, to provide what we need - all of them - when we need it!

I needed it.
He gave it.

I just had the privilege to have four intensive days of training with TMS, for a potential opportunity to work with them. These days have produced things that only a bond forged by the blood and promises of Christ can produce! These experiences continue to be the on going highlights of my life! I sat in a room with men and women I now know to be stalwarts of the faith. Not only are we all like-minded - be careful not to read "all alike" - we are like-minded, and yet quite diverse! We are all passionate to see the Kingdom of God come, now and with brilliant, joyous force, as it is in heaven! We all see the hurt and pain of a sin-wrecked world in need of the Only Savior, the Man Jesus Christ, Son of God! We are all loved perfectly by Christ, and thus love Him back, but as of yet imperfectly. One day, one day my friends!!!

I feel if I go on it will just be repetitious, so I leave you with this ... "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God." (Col 3:16) The word of Christ was richly dwelling in and among us. There was much wise teaching, and more admonishing of one another! We didn't really sing, but if the others feel as I do right now, they are singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with all thankfulness in their hearts to God for the great privilege and encouragement this week has been!

PS - Visit their blog!

3 comments:

  1. It was a privilege- so thankful to know you and be about the same 'business'. Safe travel back to the Ham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read the time with our TMS Family was rewarding. Becky and I look forward to your visit at Agrimissions HQ this coming week and pray "the song and singing" will continue. -- DN

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was encouragement that I needed. Just to hear your heart. Hope you are well. My indian spy moccasins are well.

    ReplyDelete