care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

4.06.2009

well crap...

Do you ever have days where things - in the beginning - appear as though it would be a great day?

Well, to day was one of those days. key word being was. My morning was awesome ... physically I woke up rejuvenated, spiritually I was refreshed in the with Spurgeon's words, the word of God and in prayer ... and even got out the door on time.

But as soon as I got out to my research ... the ---- hit the fan! (Pardon the expression) Everything that could have gone wrong at the fish farm did! What should have taken me 1 hour, took 2 1/2 hours!!! I missed class ... the last one before my second test in there, and altogether through me into a funk that has not worn off ...

I say all that to say several things.

1) Satan pisses me off. He knows exactly how to trigger my patience, to exceed that which I am immediately capable of tolerating ... how to steal my joy ... and how to get my focus off of trusting of the Lord.

2) I prayed along with what Spurgeon's Evening edition from today says (see previous post) ... that I would belong to Christ... all in all, my mind, heart, soul, and all ....

3) I have failed miserably ... unable to overcome the peace I enjoyed this morning being stolen in a matter of minutes ... and the worst part? I am stilled worked up, not over it yet ... knowingly holding on to my grudge and my impatience ... and I know its not about how I perform ... but God allows test when his children ask for them ... and in light of that ... I did indeed fail!

Thoughts from a immature Christian ... unfortunately

1 comment:

  1. i hate that. i hate those days. isnt it funny, well, not funny, how in a matter of seconds your joy can be destroyed? in seconds, you can go from having sweet time with Jesus to a person full of anger and frustration. im sorry for whatever happened. praying for you. for real.

    ReplyDelete