care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

4.27.2009

Tragedies ...

Currently I am sitting in a coffee shop - which I might add, is the most appropriate place eve to post a blog from.

Anyway, I am currently embarrassed for my a handful of my fellow brother and sisters, who are enjoying each others' company, but at the expense of something ... maybe its at the expense of Christ, or His church, or their own personal reputation ... which I feel the last two listed here will eventually reflect back on Christ...

I say they are enjoying the fellowship at some expense, b/c as I sit here studying ... I see the people around me mouthing words to each other about how "obnoxious" and "loud" they are, and can even see them kind of gawk at the loud laughter...

This makes me sad. I also think this is one of the most obvious moments for me to realize that "others" are always watching, and sometimes b/c we don't reflect Christ in obvious ways ... like considering that the majority of the people here are indeed here to study for finals.

Yet, thanks be to God, one of them I have recently been able to get to know this one guy pretty well,pretty quick ... and know he can handle a word of "rebuke" if I dare call it that ... and he addressed them after have been informed of some of the other peoples' feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment