care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

4.04.2009

the things in my heart

I have the privilege of teaching my Sunday school tomorrow ... I always help, but tomorrow is mostly me teaching ... which I take seriously ... but I am super excited too! Not b/c I get to hear my own voice ... rather I get to talk about the virgin birth of Christ to several Chinese men ... who are awesome, by the way!!! Johnson, Haitao ... and maybe Walter and Albert. ... We were supose to go fishing last week ... the weather did not permit. Boo!
This is a picture of Johnson, from a trip maybe a year or so ago that we took!

I am excited b/c I get to share the truth of the miracle of Christ Jesus' birth ... the beginning of salvation, the birth of the King of Creation! I get to talk about the promise of Immanuel ... God with us ... which is one of my favorite names of Jesus. All that means I get to spend time today preparing ... I wish I could have spent time all week getting ready, but time is sneaky. Anyway, I am exploring the truths of Isaiah 7 and Matt 1 and Luke 2 today, and its fun, awe-inspiring, and mind blowing ... b/c as I may seek knowledge and truth to share about God ... I find there is an eternity's worth of God to continue to discover. He truly is glorious!

That's all for now, as I must be on my way to continue studying for tomorrow and a test on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. that is exciting!! im excited that you get to teach! God is glorious.

    i also really like that picture!

    ReplyDelete