care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

4.09.2009

A Long Road Home ...

I have set out the read John this week, so come tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday ... I may be reading the end of the book, yet again exploring and seeking to identify with Christ in his walk to the cross ...

And even now I can see it ...

Tomorrow I will ascend to Jerusalem ... friends, look at that city of old, quickly fading in the night. Do not ever forget what you will witness ... for my life is required of me, but do not fear ... for what will take place is not permanent, it is the Father's will ... Let Mary alone, so that she may keep it for the day of my burial. For you always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me."


... ... ...



He awakes, fully aware of what is lying in wait for him ... yet onward he goes ... probably dragging his disciples out of bed, if they be anything as I am ... yet he leads the procession into Jerusalem ... streets laden in palm fronds ... the crowds pushing in and shouting amidst the commotion ... HOSANNA! Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the LORD, even the King of Israel ... Hosanna ... Hosanna ... Hosanna ...

... ... ...

Now my soul has become troubled, and what shall I say, 'Father, save me from this hour?' But for this purpose I came to hour. Father, glorify your name. ... ... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment