care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

3.03.2009

remembering your friend ...

I have a friend, Nathan Hoag, who is a seminary student in Dever, CO, recently married and pretty much the man.

And if I said parts of me were not at times envious of him, it wouldn't be true. Let's just say for starters, he lives, works, and PLAYS in Denver! OK ... that sorta thing, but that's not the point.

I just came across his blog, not real sure until now, but I did. I sat and read it for a while, quickly realizing that my friend is a brilliant philosophiser and theologian, godly and full of life, and of love for Julie his wife and Jesus his Savior, and this blesses me so much.

It also makes me miss him and the years of life between freshmen in high school and the post-graduate aged people ... I moved after freshman year of high school, and I am a bad friend, a got even worse in college ... and made no effort to keep up, or hardly one if any. But he did, and I so grateful. I just wish now, I had reciprocated that effort.

Wishin' I could hang with Hoag!

No comments:

Post a Comment