care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

2.25.2009

Moderation in Toleration ...

if you asked me, whether or not I think I am a tolerate person ... I would answer yes.

I dont mean, tolerant, as in every "religion is right" ... or "if it works for you, great" .... I mean, I can tolerate most personalities, people types, etc... from the "always crude, I wish there were a filter in his head somewhere" person, to the "she is really really immature" person, and the "nothing he says is true, ever" person ...

but I have a hard ... nearly impossible time ... dealing patiently with people who act as though they care about you ...  the person who will wish you well for the day, say hi and bye, who are courteous and kind ... but underneath it all ... you can sense (and at times even witness) the cold, brutally cold truth of the heartless, sucking-up, back-stabbing manner that truly characterizes that person ... of course this only happens when they have no idea you are watching or listening ... 

this makes me sad for those kind of people ... and even more saddening than that, is that this post has been spurred by a run in, recently, with this type of person ... b/c honestly, I feel pity for them, b/c to be that type of person, I truly think you have to be that way for so long that you really, simply do not know it anymore ... and thats awful, cause a lot of even meagerly aware people can pick on this type of person ... 

and I guess, to clarify, I dont hold it against them or mean any harm in writing this ... it just takes extra patience and mindful choices to be so, when I am around this type of person .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment