care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

1.28.2009

MARK

Mark is in the hospital, originally for IV antibiotics to treat a little lung infection, as of a week ago. But Monday he awoke with severe pain in his gut, and this is not too uncommon, just troublesome and incredibly painful. His gut was ... well ... stopped up. And like I said, not uncommon for CF patients.

All day Monday he was in awful pain, and finally things got moving late Monday afternoon, after a lot of tears, both from him and my mom, after a lot of prayer, and after a conference phone call between Mom and Mark, Dad, and I ... for a family prayer time ... and its interesting to pray over someone who is suffering with something you have personally suffered through before. Not even two hours later, the Lord Jesus answered and relieved Mark. Praise him!

But, he began late Monday night to hurt with very sharp acute pain in his gut, again. The only sleep he got was about 10pm-1am with the help of morphine, then 1-4am with more morphine, and again a dose at 4am.

Yesterday, the did some tests and they showed his gall bladder may be messed up ... I am not sure what that means, but I had mine removed back in the day, so I know it can cause a lot of pain. The waited all day into the evening to hear from the surgical team, about whether or not they would remove his gall bladder, and the doctor who came and spoke was confused & confusing, according to my mom.

So, then mysteriously, he fell asleep with no pain - which is good, but odd too. So now, after not eating for nearly 4 days, he is still waiting to figure out what going on. 

So....PRAY FOR HIM, my MOM, and my DAD ... for perseverance, patience, faith, and strength, for wisdom to know how to praise the Lord despite the suffering and trials .. cause all this is taking its toll on my family, and especially Mark ... pray for special outpourings of the Lord's grace and love too.

Thanks yall

1 comment:

  1. Adam, thanks for sharing about Mark. He, and your family, will remain in my prayers. I didn't realize you had a blog (obviously now I do). Good to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete