care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

12.24.2008

Brews ... Hooray!

I have been meaning to post this for a while, and simply have not gotten around to it ... 

I have recently decided the order of my top ten favorite beers ... so for as for what I have ever tried, and I have tried a good variety so far ... my favorites follow... Numero uno at the bottom!

  • 10 - Coors (Original) - its a cheap one, and somehow against all logic, its good
  • 9 - New Castle - a nice amber brew, lots of flavor
  • 8 - Killians Red - not a fancy beer at all, but one I like a lot, its amber too
  • 7 - Old Dominion Double Stout - I have only had this once but it left a great impression ... its a very stout beer
  • 6 -Breckenridge Vanilla Porter - is sorta like dessert ... very dark and very heavy!
  • 5 - St. Pauli Girl, Special Dark - its a good commonly available dark beer, and quite tasty
  • 4 - Sam Adams Cream Stout - if ever there were a 'dessert beer' this would be it, its recommended over top a bowl of vanilla ice cream ... i am gonna try that some enough!
  • 3 - Sierra Nevada Stout - i dont like most of sierra nevada's brews, but this one surprised me big time, its great
  • 2 - Full Monty Stout (Auburn Ale House) - its a local brew and delicious, one of the best beers I have tasted ... unfortunately, they are not brewing it currently

AND NOW FOR THE NUMBER ONE BEER ON THE FAMOUS ADAM SLEEPER'S FAVORITE BEERS LIST ... 

  • 1 - really, you should have known this ... GUINNESS (on draft or from the bottle, but on draft is like nothing else on earth!)

1 comment:

  1. WHAT????? I cant beleive that you dont have "Brother Theo" on there at all? Also, did u not enjoy the Duchess? And I am not gonna lie I thought that your favorite was the Mikkeller Chipotle Porter...since you put that on my wall just a few days ago.
    But positively, always glad to see a brother who loves stouts as much as I do! Also, to see some good brands like Sierra, Sam Adams, St. Pauli Girl, Killians and Newcastle. Many of these seem classic though I have only tried 3 of the ones mentioned. I know ive got to step it up! lol But i refuse to try "Coors" and im tyring to look over this flaw in you! haha...but seriously! Overall, good list.

    ReplyDelete