care more than some think is wise; risk more than some think is safe;
dream more than some think is practical; expect more than some think is possible

12.31.2008

another 365 days come an' gone ...

it does make me think and consider all that the Lord has done, is doing, and encourage me to think of what and where he may take me this next year ... both physically, as in travel, and more importantly spiritually!

my year in the briefest of reviews:

1) development of amazingly close friends in auburn in a very short time frame, in horticulture and at Lakeview (my church home)

2) graduation and real life then knocking hard on my door ... with job prospects and grad school pursuit ...

3) the decline of a job with no certain plans and then grad school literally falling into my lap, within days prior to school starting

4) being able to travel to the dominican republic with my parents' church for a week on a short mission trip ... experiencing my God as the international lover i know he is, and falling in love and meeting him in ways i never have before ... !

5) getting to know some folks on that trip i had not know before and now have been so blessed thru those quickly developed friendships ...

6) i love grad school, not classes, but research and those i work with and the blessing of christian professors

7) personal developments in my health and effective treatments and developments in my families' health and still effective treatment and clearly seeing the Lord's great provision ...

8) five years of extra life as my 5th lung transplant anniversary was just celebrated!

9) my family, parents, brothers, and Brooke, my sister in-law!

10) for the Lord still loving me despite my consistent sinning and inconsistent faith, for the great joy of the hope of salvation thru the life, death, and most importantly the resurrection of Christ my Lord and Savior ... !

that, as it turns out, is my top ten for 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment